Kirjoittaja Aihe: Driving advice needed  (Luettu 1718 kertaa)

0 jäsentä ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

Poissa Stuart

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
Driving advice needed
« : 20.01.20 - klo: 21.20 »
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? This is the practice off-road track at Fullspeed in Vantaa.

https://youtu.be/iXDt6RyT0-g

It's hard to get the car to stay flat on the first jump and the front keeps diving, but I can get it to stay flat on the other three jumps ok. I'm trying to quickly press/increase the throttle to keep the car flat just as I hit the ramp.

The first ramp/bump seems to have a much sharper angle than the other three jumps and it's much shorter too. So I'm not sure if it's my bad timing with the throttle or whether it's just a hard jump to tackle smoothly. Or should I just reduce my speed?

The car is a (probably 5-year-old) Associated B5M with 400cst oil in standard set-up: white springs at the front, green at the rear, 24mm ride height.

Poissa Mrracer15

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
Vs: Driving advice needed
« Vastaus #1 : 20.01.20 - klo: 21.26 »
You have to give a littler more gas on the jumps if then front end keeps diving down and before you hit the ground release the throttle because if you won't release it will strip the gears, your doing good though better then me :D

Poissa Stuart

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #2 : 20.01.20 - klo: 21.35 »
Thanks!  :azn: Yeah, I think I need to get the timing right with more gas for that first jump. Now that I listen to the sound of the car, it almost sounds like I'm applying throttle too early...

Poissa Mrracer15

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #3 : 20.01.20 - klo: 21.37 »
Thanks!  :azn: Yeah, I think I need to get the timing right with more gas for that first jump. Now that I listen to the sound of the car, it almost sounds like I'm applying throttle too early...
like how? I myself drive touring track but always wanted to test the buggy track

Poissa Stuart

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #4 : 20.01.20 - klo: 21.47 »
like how? I myself drive touring track but always wanted to test the buggy track

If you listen with headphones you can hear the high-pitched sounds when I quickly pull the throttle on and off. Like you said,  I'll try even more throttle next time.

Poissa Mrracer15

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #5 : 20.01.20 - klo: 21.58 »

If you listen with headphones you can hear the high-pitched sounds when I quickly pull the throttle on and off. Like you said,  I'll try even more throttle next time.
yes try that when are you going next time driving, i myself go on coming saturday